Monday, March 15, 2010

Yes, i was suddenly made aware yesterday through email - i have the chance to display art in a show tonight. I look forward to it.

I framed some images that have been important to me and have put them up with price tags. I'm pretty much selling my soul here. Tonight itself will be an experiment in finding out if my art can actually grow legs and bring in revenue for myself for further artistic endeavours, such as my upcoming zine launch. I'm not exactly money hungry I'm just completely fucking broke. Hey maybe I can up the number of press runs for the zine when it comes.

For the zine itself I have some good ideas developing - it's going to image wise carry a vibe of smoking cigarettes. yes. cigarettes. I have an interesting story i wrote out the other day. i submitted it to a site the other day so its on the internet somewhere nifty and sapphic if you can figure out that conundrum.i also hope to do some interviews with a band and possibly someone very unique and interesting. I'm going to jam as much poetry, random lyrics, stories, manifestos, swearing and sexual imagery I can into a 12 or 16 page zine without it looking too dense.

HERE IS THE ARTIST STATEMENT I'LL BE POSTING TONIGHT:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

as an artist i have come to be merely a vessel for a passion i can't fully control. i believe in many contradictions while i search for my own meaning in life.

i believe in the spirit that art should become a threat again and in most contexts not be recognized as art.

my resume kind of looks like this: through high school i did a lot of more personal art and focused on creating a plethora of flash videos this coming from me drawing up comics for a character super stick man. Years later i had my first art show blah blah blah at the velvet elvis. i did many spoken word gigs. i have done art and layout for a couple band's releases also doing graphic design work for a brochure - violence against women awareness month. I produced a couple zines back in the day, which I'm getting back into. i used to be the main dancer for the band Planet Uranus. I threw together an art experience for them when they played with a very talented band, Mahogany Frog from winnipeg. I just got back into school for graphic design and recently am fighting through second year.

i seek to create my own industry. I will be heading a project of a quarterly zine, being launched in early april, feel free to inquire about that. I want to produce full books and work with other people's writing presented in a graphical experience that supports their vision. I want to push my art to new levels of experimentation.

i'd rather drown in passion than die of thirst on her shores.

i am also a huge fan of hardcore music.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
ANYHOW:

I feel really really fucking good about trying to get back into art and writing and poetry and hopefully let this help and not hinder my journey into the world of graphic design.

This blog will probably be the main docking area, corner of the internet for any announcements and displays of my work for the time being, until that shadowy future tense when I will finally be happy with a design for my own beautiful web presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment